Do you love technology? We do at Computer CPR. Since we just celebrated Valentines Day, let’s observe how technology loves us back by making aspects of our love lives much, much easier.Love is in the air…and on the Internet. Laptops, phones and other devices are being used to benefit relationships on a daily basis. Once tricky tasks like deciding whether or not to give that edgy new restaurant a try with your spouse or how to obtain a potential mate’s contact info are no longer so tough. Here are a few big reasons why technology is simplyfying our love lives:
SOUTHLAKE, TEXAS– In the technology world, few things are more excruciating than getting a virus and computer crashes. Southlake network administration and computer repair company, Computer CPR, offers certified data recovery services. We also encourage our clients to be proactive and take steps toward stopping hackers. That’s why we are sharing six steps to avoid spyware and other bad codes.
- Install a Firewall: A firewall will protect your computer from hackers who try to gain access to passwords and sensitive information. Some operating systems offer a firewall built into the computer, but individual software can be purchased for your computer. Both Windows and Mac operating systems come equipped with firewall protection, but the firewall also needs to be turned on. You’re usually given this option when you first set-up your computer, so make sure you click “yes” to this security protection. For multiple networked computers, hardware routers typically provide firewall protection. There are even firewalls for smart phone protection.
- Update Your Antivirus Software: Antivirus software is designed to prevent bad programs from getting embedded on your computer. Antiviruses work to disarm and remove viruses and worms, which can infect your computers without your knowledge. Windows and Mac operating systems come with free spyware protection. You can also download antivirus software from the Internet or purchase it at your local computer store.
- Install a Trustworthy Antispyware: Spyware is software that is installed onto your computer that allows others to track your on and offline activities on your computer. Some spyware collects information about you without your consent or produces unwanted pop-up ads. Be cautious sites that offer downloadable antispyware; some hackers advertise for this, but they are really giving you spyware or other malicious code.
- Keep Your Operating System Up to Date: Computer operating systems are periodically updated to stay up to date with technology and to fix security issues. Be sure to update your operating system to protect your computer.
- Be Careful What You Download: Some e-mail attachments can evade anti-virus software and wreak havoc on your computer. Never open an e-mail attachment from someone you don’t know, and be wary of attachments that are forwarded to you.
- Turn Your Computer Off When Not in Use: Computers that are turned on are more susceptible to viruses, worms, and bad code. Turning the computer off successfully severs an attacker’s connection to your computer.
If your computer or smartphone gets infected or crashes, there are a number of ways we can help you and your spyware problem. We provide PC and Mac computer support, virus removal, network administration and much more in Southlake and surrounding cities.
We’ve assisted more than 1,500 residential customers with their technology needs. In addition to antivirus solutions, Computer CPR also offers network administration, data recovery, virus removal, new computers and PC and Mac service in the Fort Worth metropolitan area. Call us for help with your computer problems: 817-915-0111.
© 2014 Millionairium, Inc. Authorization to post is granted, with the stipulation that Millionairium and Computer CPR are credited as sole source. Linking to other sites from this press release is strictly prohibited, with the exception of herein imbedded links.